These are the notes for the Struts 2.3.16 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 188.8.131.52
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
You can also use Struts Archetype Catalog like below
- Merged security fix from version 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Defined new factory interfaces to simplify extending ObjectFactory, see WW-4158
- New interface ParamNameAwareResult was defined, see WW-4144
- Solved problem with global "error" result in the Convention Plugin, see WW-4100
- RolesInterceptor was extended to allow check defined roles and also precedent was changed that disallowedRoles are examined in the first place, see WW-4118
- New parameter was added to <s:param/> tag to allow suppress empty parameters, see WW-4088
- During devMode user can explicit disable XML reloading, I18N reloading and any other, see devMode page
- The action: and method: prefixes are be by default excluded and changed order to first check excludeParams and then acceptedParams in ParametersInterceptor, see WW-4023
- Restored previous behaviour where both ParamatersInterceptor AND ParameterNameAware must accept parameter - there is no more precedence
- Added proper support for multiple ActionMapper's used with PrefixBasedActionMapper, see PrefixBasedActionMapper and WW-4131
- New DeprecationInterceptor was added, to warn users about unknown/deprecated options, see WW-4232
- <s:debug/> tag was improved and now works properly under Jetty, see WW-4223
- New PostbackResult was defined, see WW-4229
- Improved extending theme mechanism to allow override single template in parent theme, see WW-4145 and Extending Themes
- Solved problem with creating empty map entries via Ognl, see WW-3603
- and other small improvements