These are the notes for the Struts 2.0.9 distribution.
Struts 2.0.9 corrects a serious security flaw in one of our dependencies. All users are encouraged to update to Struts 2.0.9 or to utilize the XWork 2.0.4 JAR with a prior release of Struts 2.
For prior notes in this release series, see Release Notes 2.0.8
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
<name>ASF Maven 2 Snapshot</name>
- This release utilizes XWork 2.0.4 which prevents OGNL evaluations of user input.
- For other changes, see the JIRA release notes.
Experimental Features and Plugins
Please help us test these brave new features. Feedback appreciated!
- Java 1.4 support: We are backporting the core Struts and XWork JARs, and, as a courtesy, bundling them with the distribution. However, Struts 2 is being coded for Java 5 and backward compatibility is not assured.
- Cookie Interceptor: Inject cookie with a certain configurable name / value into action (since 2.0.7) ([WW-1678]).
- Portlets: Automatic portlet support allows portal and servlet deployments with no code changes ([WW-1645@S2jira]).
- AJAX Theme: AJAX tags look and feel just like standard Struts tags but provide greater interactivity and flexibility. The AJAX theme is backed by the popular Dojo Toolkit ([WW-1609]).
- Zero Configuration: Optionally, eliminate or reduce XML configuration with convention and annotation ([WW-1491]).
- REST-ful URLs: Use search-engine friendly URLs, like category/action/movie/Thrillers ([WW-1475]).
- Experimental Plugins
- Codebehind Plugin: Reduce mundane configuration by using "page controller" conventions ([WW-1515]).
- Plexus Plugin - A new plugin that enables Struts Actions, Interceptors, and Results to be created and injected by Plexus.
- Scope Plugin - Initial version of scope plugin that mimics JBoss Seam-style of scoped bijection (presently in the Sandbox).
- Struts1 Plugin - A new plugin that allows you to use existing Struts 1 Actions and ActionForms in Struts 2 applications..
- Tiles Plugin - A new plugin allows your Struts actions to return Tiles pages. The Tiles plugin is dependant on Tiles 2, which is still in beta.
- Struts 2.0.9 is a milestone version in the 2.0.x series. Struts 2.0.8 is the prior GA release.
- The Release Managers are James Holmes and Ted Husted.
- The tag date for the release is 23 July 2007.