For prior notes in this release series, see Release Notes 2.0.0
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
Backward compatibility issues with prior development release
Remove <include file="struts-default.xml"/> from struts.xml
- The struts-default.xml is now automatically included with all configuration blocks.
New Features and Extensions
- Struts 1 Integration classes.
- Plugins – These are true plugins, not a "listener" class as provided by Struts 1.
- Showcase ViewSources - Click the View Source link in the ShowCase application to see how it's done!
- Extras is removed and various Plugins are added.
- To use features like JSF or JasperReports, include the appropriate plugin JAR and any supporting JARs to the application's class path.
Pending and open issues