The JasperReports plugin enables Actions to create high-quality reports as results.
- Allows Actions to be rendered through JasperReports
To use this plugin, have your packages that contain the target actions extend the provided
jasperreports-default package, which contains the
jasper result type. Then, simply use the result type in the desired actions. The result takes the following parameters:
Generates a JasperReports report using the specified format or PDF if no
format is specified.
- location (default) - the location where the compiled jasper report
definition is (foo.jasper), relative from current URL.
- dataSource (required) - the EL expression used to retrieve the
datasource from the value stack (usually a List).
- parse - true by default. If set to false, the location param will
not be parsed for EL expressions.
- format - the format in which the report should be generated. Valid
values can be found in JasperReportConstants. If no format is
specified, PDF will be used.
- contentDisposition - disposition (defaults to "inline", values are
- documentName - name of the document (will generate the http header
Content-disposition = X; filename=X.[format]).
- delimiter - the delimiter used when generating CSV reports. By
default, the character used is ",".
- imageServletUrl - name of the url that, when prefixed with the
context page, can return report images.
reportParameters - (2.1.2+) OGNL expression used to retrieve a map of
report parameters from the value stack. The parameters may be accessed
in the report via the usual JR mechanism and might include data not
part of the dataSource, such as the user name of the report creator, etc.
exportParameters - (2.1.2+) OGNL expression used to retrieve a map of
JR exporter parameters from the value stack. The export parameters are
used to customize the JR export. For example, a PDF export might enable
encryption and set the user password to a string known to the report creator.
connection - (2.1.7+) JDBC Connection which can be passed to the
report instead of dataSource
This result follows the same rules from StrutsResultSupport.
Specifically, all parameters will be parsed if the "parse" parameter
is not set to false.
or for pdf:
This plugin doesn't provide any global settings.
This plugin can be installed by copying the plugin jar into your application's
/WEB-INF/lib directory. No other files need to be copied or created.
See also Compiling JasperReports JRXML Files with Maven (Mark Menard)