Themes can be selected using several different rules, in this order:
- The theme attribute on the specific tag
- The theme attribute on a tag's surrounding form tag
- The page-scoped attribute named "theme"
- The request-scoped attribute named "theme"
- The session-scoped attribute named "theme"
- The application-scoped attribute named "theme"
- The struts.ui.theme property in struts.properties (defaults to xhtml)
See "Can I change theme on a per-page basis" page for using scoped "theme" attribute.
- To override an entire form's theme, change the "theme" attribute of the form. (Convenient for using the ajax theme for specific forms, for example.)
- To support user-selected themes, set the theme in the user's session.
- To change the theme for the entire application, modify the struts.properties.