These are the notes for the Struts 2.1.7 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 2.1.6
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
<name>ASF Maven 2 Snapshot</name>
Backward compatibility issues with prior development release
- The bean 'named-variable' has been renamed to 'namedVariable' to match camelCase convention utilized throughout the framework
- @Result annotations used at the method level now override @Result annotations placed at class-level when using the conventions plugin
- @ParentPackage annotation on an action's super class will now be honored
- if you have dynamicmethodinvocation turned off, but use multiple submit buttons within a single s:form, or the method: parameter, you will no longer be able to
New Features and Plugins
- This is mostly a bug-fix release with over 100 JIRA issues closed
- The Multipart Request handler is now pluggable, allowing for better implementations to be wired in
- Invalid OGNL now throws exceptions with stack traces placed in the Application Server log
Experimental Features and Plugins
Please help us test these brave new features. Feedback appreciated!
- There is now an advanced file upload plugin in the sandbox meant to be used for AJAX file uploads