About Apache Struts 2
Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java web applications.
The framework is designed to streamline the full development cycle,
from building, to deploying, to maintaining applications over time.
Apache Struts 2 was originally known as WebWork 2.
After working independently for several years,
the WebWork and Struts communities joined forces to create Struts2.
This new version of Struts is simpler to use and
closer to how Struts was always meant to be.
Build! Deploy! Maintain!
- Jumpstart new projects with our bootstrap tutorial and template application or Maven
- Code clean against HTTP-independant framework interfaces.
- Code less with stylesheet-driven form tags that provide their own markup.
- Avoid special handling with smart checkboxes that know when they are toggled.
Flexible Cancel Buttons
- Go directly to a different action on cancel.
First-class AJAX support
- Add interactivity and flexibility with AJAX tags that look and feel just like standard
Easy Spring integration
- Inject dependencies into Actions using Spring without glue code or red tape. (Plexus
support also available.)
- Do more with speciality results for JasperReports, JFreeChart, Action chaining, and
- No more ActionForms! Use any JavaBean to capture form input or
put properties directly on an Action class. Use both binary and String properties!
- Use any class as an Action class -- even the
interface is optional!
Add framework extensions by dropping in a JAR.
No manual configuration required! Bundled plugins add support for JavaServer Faces,
JasperReports, JFreeChart, Tiles, and more ...
Peek inside Struts2
to find where the cycles are going!
Precise Error Reporting
Flip directly to the location and line of an error.
without resorting to mock HTTP objects.
Skip obvious and redundant settings. Most framework configuration
elements have a default value that we can set and forget. Say it once!
Customize the request handling
per action, if desired. Struts2
only does what you want it to do!
Research problem reports with built-in
Customize tag markup by editing a FreeMarker
template. No need to grok the taglib API!
JSP, FreeMarker, and Velocity tags are fully supported.
Apache Struts 2 requires:
- Servlet API 2.4
- JSP API 2.0
- Java 5
For a full list of requirements, including dependencies used by optional plugins,
see Project Dependencies