These are the notes for the Struts 2.3.12 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 2.3.8
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
You can also use Struts Archetype Catalog like below
- All validators were refactored and right now parameters can be set via OGNL also parameter parse was removed - WW-2923 - please be aware that param names changed a bit, review documentation Validation
- tag's required attribute was renamed to requiredLabel to allow support of Html5 required attribute in the tags - WW-3908
- new Tiles 3 plugin added to support Tiles 3 result type - WW-3931
- as mentioned in WW-3973 with previous release behaviour of Parameters Interceptor changed a bit - please read careful over the linked page
- migrated site to the Apache CMS and SvnPubSub
- support for JBoss 5 to work with the Convention Plugin was improved, check WW-3984 for more details