The Tiles 3 plugin allows actions to return Tiles 3 pages.
- Supports Tiles in Freemarker, JSP, and Velocity - more testing is needed
The following steps must be taken in order to enable Tiles 3 support within your Struts2 application:
- Include the struts-tiles3-plugin as a dependency in your web application, do not include the old struts2-tiles-plugin! If you are using maven3, the dependency configuration will be similar to:
- Register the tiles listener.
- All package definitions which require tiles support must either extend the tiles-default package or must register the Tiles 3 Result type definition.
- Configure your actions to utilize a tiles definition:
This plugin does inherits settings from Tiles configuration.
This plugin can be installed by copying the plugin jar into your application's
/WEB-INF/lib directory. No other files need to be copied or created.