These are the notes for the Struts 2.0.3 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Release Notes 2.0.2
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
- Allow new template engines and tag libraries to be discovered automatically ([WW-1590]).
- Create aggregated Struts 2 and XWork Javadoc ([WW-1395]_.
- Generate Taglib TLD from annotations/xdoclet tags ([WW-1392]).
- Various fixes. See the detailed notes for more.
Experimental Features and Plugins
Please help us test these brave new features. Feedback appreciated!
- Portlets: Automatic portlet support allows portal and servlet deployments with no code changes ([WW-1645@S2jira]).
- AJAX Theme: AJAX tags look and feel just like standard Struts tags but provide greater interactivity and flexibility. The AJAX theme is backed by the popular Dojo Toolkit ([WW-1609]).
- Codebehind Plugin: Reduce mundane configuration by using "page controller" conventions ([WW-1515]).
- Zero Configuration: Optionally, eliminate or reduce XML configuration with convention and annotation ([WW-1491]).
- REST-ful URLs: Use search-engine friendly URLs, like category/action/movie/Thrillers ([WW-1475]).
- Experimental Plugins
- Plexus Plugin - A new plugin that enables Struts Actions, Interceptors, and Results to be created and injected by Plexus.
- Scope Plugin - Initial version of scope plugin that mimics JBoss Seam-style of scoped bijection (presently in the Sandbox).
- Struts1 Plugin - A new plugin that allows you to use existing Struts 1 Actions and ActionForms in Struts 2 applications..
- Tiles Plugin - A new plugin allows your Struts actions to return Tiles pages. The Tiles plugin is dependant on Tiles 2, which is still in beta.