SPECIAL NOTE ON UPGRADING - README FIRST!
- If you use the standard
in your application
and validate is set to true for that mapping, you
also specify "cancellable=true" in the mapping, otherwise,
an InvalidCancelException will be thrown if the Cancel button is
used. See the new
Opt-In Cancel Handling
feature for more.
This section contains release notes for changes that have
taken place to Struts,
To keep up-to-date on all changes to the framework,
the (commits at struts.apache.org) list.
To preview our plans for upcoming changes,
please visit the
- Notes on upgrading
are maintained in the
The wiki is a community maintained resource - please feel
free to add your
input so that everyone can benefit from the collective
For the version requirements of each library, see the
Highlights of Changes
The purpose of this section is to highlight the new
features since the
Version 1.3.3 distribution.
For more detail, see the Project Info reports for each
which include a list of external
You can also access to the Apache Struts source repository and
change logs directly through both
The Struts 1.3.5 distribution contains the eight
components: Core, Applications, EL, Extras, Faces,
Scripting, Taglib, and Tiles.
The entire Struts distribution, including the website,
is being built with Maven 2.
But, of course, you can continue to build your own
projects any way you like!
The 1.3.x series of Struts has
a minimum requirement of the following specification
Java Servlet 2.3 and JavaServer Pages (JSP) 1.2
Java 2 Standard Platform Edition (J2SE) 1.4
A following software dependency change applies to this distribution:
The following issues have been resolved since the 1.3.3 test build:
- [STR-2901] - Map-backed forms won't work with ')' characters in keys
- [STR-2890] - DEFINE tag causes compilation issues
- [STR-2887] - TagUtils.instance is private final. Please allow to change the instance with a custom one! Maybe put it protected only!
- [STR-2883] - The command/action corresponding to RequestProcessor.processCachedMessages() method appears to be missing in 1.3
- [STR-2881] - PerformForward command not honoring "module" property of ForwardConfig
- [STR-2879] - when used in modules, TilesPreProcessor not backwards compatible with 1.2.x
- [STR-2877] - TestModuleConfig fails when run offline
- [STR-2876] - Tiles 1.1 DTD registration is missing from XmlParser
- [STR-2872] - Section "4.3.3 Map-backed ActionForms" of User's Manual contains a dead link
- [STR-2870] - The Specification-Title in the jar file manifests is corrupted
- [STR-2866] - Struts Tiles jar is missing dtd, tld and chain config files
- [STR-2862] - Cannot load a validator resource from '/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml
- [STR-2795] - Postback Forms - Caching and Modules
- [STR-2527] - Attributes with <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue> in TLD prevent EL evaluation
- [STR-2496] - [struts-faces] Example applications don't work?!
- [STR-2493] - [struts-faces] ErrorsRenderer assumes ActionErrors
- [STR-1892] - timezone support for bean:write tag
- [STR-2898] - Rename Struts Action 1 to Struts 1
- [STR-2892] - Remove old cactus config
- [STR-2871] - Rename the release notes so that the filename contains a single period
- [STR-2853] - Configure the CheckStyle plugin to use the struts_checks.xml file